EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to announce company’s first fully in-house engineered computer cooling fan, designed and built primarily for highest-performance computer liquid cooling systems - the EK-Vardar.
This product is the result of one year worth of development, CFD analysis, careful motor selection and anechoic chamber testing.
Dubbed Vardar, this family of cooling fans carry the name of a type of the cold northwesterly wind blowing from the mountains down to the valleys of Macedonia. It is a type of ravine wind, enhanced by a channelling effect while blowing down through the Moravia-Vardar gap, bringing cold conditions from the north to the Thessaloniki area of Greece. Most frequent during winter, it is blowing in the rear of a depression when atmospheric pressure over eastern Europe is higher than over the Aegean Sea.
“High-pressure fan design have distinct blade characteristics”, said Vlado Schweiger, chief hydrodynamic engineer at EK Water Blocks. “The key task was to optimize noise profile throughout entire fan operational range.”
The key characteristics of EK-Vardar Fx-120 series fans are:
- High-static pressure / low noise profile - unlike other general-purpose computer cooling fans, the EK-Vardar family of fans is built specifically for computer liquid cooling systems, namely radiator cooling. The 7-fin fan blade design is optimized for high pressure operation while maintaining the low noise profile throughout the whole operation range of the fan.
- High-quality motor and bearing assembly - Proven electrical design, actively cooled motor windings and Double Ball bearing with 50.000 hours lifespan (MTBF) ensures uninterrupted operation for years to come. Phase-width modulation (PWM) fan speed allows performance on demand.
- Sealed-edge fan casing - The classic, yet effective square shape of the fan casing ensures optimal performance in either pull- (suction) or push (pressure) regime without hydraulic losses thus ensuring optimal cooling capacity of your liquid cooling radiators.
- Timeless design - the EK-Vardar fan fits subtly into any liquid cooling computer without drawing too much attention. Single- and two-tone colour design with monochrome fan sticker. Less is more.
EK-Vardar 120mm cooling fan family currently consists of five models - four regular and one Furious Vardar with the latter built in distinctive all-black design. All fans come with four self-tapping screws and are pre-sleeved (F1-F4: black, FF5: red) for your convenience:
||Fan Speed [rpm]||PWM Duty Cycle [%]
|EK-Vardar F1-120 (1150rpm)||1150||60-100||23.7|
|EK-Vardar F2-120 (1450rpm)||1450||50-100||25.6|
|EK-Vardar F3-120 (1850rpm)||1850||50-100||29.5|
|EK-Vardar F4-120 (2200rpm)||2200||40-100||33.5|
|EK-Furious Vardar FF5-120 (3000rpm)||3000||40-100||42|
“We have given ourselves a difficult task of designing a fan with unmatched p/Q characteristics while maintaining favorable noise profile”, said Niko Tivadar, Product Manager at EK Water Blocks, “Vardar has set a new standard for others to look up to.”
The new fans will be available for purchase through EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network in first half of January 2015 with limited quantity available in mid December 2014. For customized and OEM parts please inquire for quotation.
Latest posts by owikh84 (see all)
- ASUS Announces PB279Q: 10-bit, 4K Monitor With 100% sRGB Color Gamut - December 5, 2014
- Review: MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G - December 5, 2014
- ASUS Malaysia Announces Official e-Commerce Site @ “ASUS STORE” - December 3, 2014