Latest H97, H87, B85 and H81 Series boards offer the powerful ability to overclock Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition processor and Core K Series processors
Taipei, Taiwan (18th June 2014) — ASUS today announced that its H97, H87, B85 and H81 Series motherboards are able to overclock the latest Intel® Pentium® Anniversary Edition processor (G3258), 4th-generation Intel Core™ K Series (‘Haswell’) and new 4th-generation Intel Core K Series (‘Haswell Refresh’) processors. The combination of the Pentium Anniversary Edition processor and non-Z chipsets represents the best choice for mainstream overclocking, delving both great value and superb performance.
The overclocking features of the Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition processor, 4th-generation and new 4th-generation Intel Core K Series processors have traditionally been limited to Intel Z chipsets. With ASUS H97, H87, B85 and H81 Series motherboards, performance enthusiasts are now able to exploit the overclocking power of those processors via the award-winning ASUS UEFI BIOS.
When a compatible Pentium Anniversary Edition processor, 4th-generation or new 4th-generation Intel Core K Series processor is inserted into an ASUS H97, H87, B85 or H81 Series motherboard, the CPU’s overclocking potential will be detected automatically and the related tuning items to adjust the CPU ratio will appear in the UEFI BIOS.
- Users should refer to the relevant ASUS motherboard support page for correct BIOS version.
- The 4th-generation Intel Core K Series (‘Haswell’ and ‘Haswell Refresh’) processors include Core i7 4770K, Core i5 4670K, Core i7-4790K and i5-4690K. ASUS does not guarantee that later-announced Intel CPUs with overclocking features (‘Haswell Refresh K’ Series) will be overclockable on ASUS H97, H87, B85 and H81 Series motherboards.
- ASUS H97 Series motherboards are able to overclock only the ‘CPU ratio’ of the new Pentium processor, 4th-generation and new 4th-generation Intel Core K Series (‘Haswell and Haswell Refresh’) processors.
- ASUS does not guarantee that Intel new Pentium processorand Core K Series (‘Haswell’ and ‘Haswell Refresh’) processors will be overclockable on ASUS H97, H87, B85 and H81 Series motherboards in the event that Intel issues software and firmware updates that result in function changes.
- Overclocking may affect a system’s stability, or even cause damage to the components and devices. Overclocking is always conducted as the user’s own risk and expense. ASUS is not responsible for any damage caused as a result of overclocking.
ASUS is a worldwide top-three consumer notebook vendor and maker of the world’s best-selling, most award-winning, motherboards. A leading enterprise in the new digital era, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today’s digital home and office, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktop and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, servers, multimedia devices, wireless solutions, networking devices, tablets and smartphones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 4,256 awards in 2013 and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with its Eee PC™. ASUS has more than 13,600 employees around the globe with a world-class R&D team of 4,500 engineers. Company revenue for 2013 was approximately US$14 billion.
Latest posts by owikh84 (see all)
- Intel Launches Xeon E5-2600/1600 v3 Processors - September 9, 2014
- G.SKILL Releases World’s Fastest DDR4 3333MHz Memory, Available Now! - September 8, 2014
- Intel Launches the Intel Core M Processor - September 6, 2014